General Information and Background
Dr Kim Hwang graduated from the Welsh National School of Medicine, Cardiff in 1983
He completed his specialist training in psychiatry at St George’s Hospital, London with CCST in both general adult and old age psychiatry, prior to taking up a consultant appointment in the NHS at the West Middlesex University Hospital in 2000
He now provides a full time service as an independent private consultant psychiatrist based in Central and South West London.
Member of the Royal College of Psychiatrist (U.K.)
Diploma in Geriatric Medicine (U.K.)
Diploma in Health Care Ethics (King’s College, London)
Approved Clinician and Section 12(2) Approved Doctor (Mental Health Act 1983)
Medical Member of the First-Tier Tribunal-Health, Education and Social Care Chamber (Mental Health)
Dr Hwang offers a wide range of clinical expertise in psychiatry. He also draws on a solid background as a physician in internal medicine and medical oncology.
Stress and Adjustment Disorders
(*Dr Hwang is fluent in Chinese and Malay)
GMC Patient Feedback Report Excerpt
* "He was always professional and I enjoyed my sessions with him."
* "This doctor made me feel really at ease and I would be happy to be treated by him in the future. Very discreet and positive and happy person."
* "Dr Hwang was very helpful in helping me through a very difficult time in my life."
* "This is an excellent psychiatrist."
* "Always very professional and supportive."
* "Always supportive, flexible and helpful."
* "I felt in capable and expert hands at all times. I would highly recommend Dr Hwang."
* "Evening appointments were very convenient. Good venues - Harley Street and Parkside. Took me a while to understand there wasn't a simple "fix it" to my problem - I wasn't clear about how the therapy would work at the beginning."